Is it hard for you to try different products? do you break whenever you eat sugar or put something on that is not your go-to skincare product? Does your face get red when you scrub too hard and or wash it with water that is too hot? We are here to give you the best tips on how to pamper your skin and avoid common irritants and you’ll have a healthy glow in no time.
- When using a new product, always do a test run on a small patch of skin before applying. Wait at least 24 hours for signs of irritation, redness, or other skin freak-outs.
- Hypoallergenic products and sensitive skin are besties, right? Not necessarily. Since there are no federal standards to govern the word “hypoallergenic,” products bearing this claim are not always suitable for sensitive skin.
- Moisturize both morning and night to protect skin from water loss and to maintain a healthy barrier from environmental factors.
- Look for products free from fragrances and paraben preservatives, two common causes of irritation and flare-ups.
- Keep pores clear and surface debris scarce by washing twice a day (any more can be too much for sensitive skin). Choose a cleanser that is formulated for sensitive skin but isn’t so gentle that you need to scrub really hard to remove makeup.
- Sensitive skin is easily overwhelmed so it’s best to keep your everyday skincare products simple: All you really need is a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen.
- Choose cosmetics carefully. 1) Use a mineral powder, 2) avoid waterproof mascara, 3) use eyeliner in pencil form, not liquid, as the latter often contains latex and may cause a reaction, and 4) toss old cosmetics, which can go bad or become contaminated over time. Lastly, don’t forget to clean your brushes regularly.
- Irritable skin is often extra-sensitive to the sun. Wear sunscreen year-round with SPF 30 or higher to protect delicate tissue from aggravating rays.
Contact us for more info on our deals or packages! ✨