It is completely normal to have some acne here and there. Some skins require a little bit of extra care to fight and prevent acne from reappearing. We are here to provide you with the most amazing tips to help you deal with unwanted acne.
- Wash your face twice a day. if you’re prone to breakouts or have oily skin, don’t skip washing your face as part of your morning and evening skin care routine.
- Use a mild cleanser.
- Apply an acne-fighting agent.
- Comedonal acne (blackheads and similar bumps). Look for products that contain retinoids.
- Mild acne. Face creams can help fight mild acne, either on its own or together with a topical retinoid.
- Inflammatory acne. A medical gel is recommended, particularly in adult females.
- Acne with scarring. Azelaic acid preparations can help reduce acne and the risks of acne scarring.
- Apply a moisturizer. If you have oily skin, moisturizers labeled “lightweight” may be best to prevent a heavy, greasy feeling. Some people find they have to switch to heavier moisturizers during the winter months when cold, dry air can leave skin feeling tight and dried out.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation can help remove excess dead skin cells. If these cells stay on your skin for too long, they can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Get plenty of sleep. Not getting enough sleep may also cause your skin to break out more often. To stay healthy both on the inside and out, aim for seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- Choose make-up that won’t clog your pores. Use products labeled “noncomedogenic” or “oil-free.”
- Don’t pick at your skin. Picking or popping a zit exposes the pore to even more bacteria, including those from your hands. It also increases the risk of infection or scarring.
- Relax (stress = acne).
- Go easy on the sugar. Although there’s limited research on the connection between your diet and your skin, several studies have shown that foods with a high glycemic index may be linked with acne.
Contact us for more info on our deals or packages! ✨
3801 North Fairfax Dr, Suite 31A. Arlington VA 22203